Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Letter from Mr. Gridley


By Hannah Swart

To the editors of the esteemed journal:

                I, Mr. James Gridley, am writing concerning the recent ruling in my court decision of my father’s will. The court system once again displayed its dreadful injustice and inefficiency, costing my brother and myself hundreds of pounds, only to rule in favor of my brother after all. The Court of Chancery has ruined yet another life; taking up months and large sums of money for one simple ruling. My brother and I were forced into Chancery for a simple familial matter, and ended up getting sucked into its corruption and chaos. Nor am I alone in this; we all know of the disaster of the Jarndyce vs. Jarndyce case, which has haunted a family for generations. The system itself is corrupt and rotted; a true reform must take place in the Court of Chancery or our nation’s people will continue to suffer its misdeeds!

                Signed,
                Mr. James Gridley

No comments:

Post a Comment