Thursday, January 17, 2013

Last Words


By Casey Weitz

            Tomorrow I am to be hung for the crime I have committed. I took a man’s life and not justice has come to serve me in the same fashion in which I ended another. The hangman will come promptly tomorrow to take me to the gallows and there I will breathe my last few breaths on this great Earth.

            I look back upon that day in which I stabbed that man and want to take it back. I was only trying to provide for my family by taking a few loaves of bread from the man’s store. While he caught me red handed, things got out of control and now I must pay for the action that happened that day.

            I am deeply sorry for the murder that I have committed and want to greatly apologize. I give my deepest sympathy to the love ones of the man who I have murdered and ask that God ease their hearts.

            I ask that the community have consideration for my family, for they had nothing to do with this unfortunate event that I have created. I love my dear wife and two wonderful children and I am deeply sorry that I will no longer be in their lives and create long lasting memories.



            -Idea created from a picture titled “Morning Execution” from the Newgate Journal. To the page next to the picture there is a letter of a prisoner in which he describes his last day on Earth. However, unable to read the passage, I recreated what I thought the prisoner might have said.


No comments:

Post a Comment